Complete questions 4-6 on p. 183. I would love to hear your answers and thoughts on # 6. If you feel comfortable, please share on the blog or FB page. Are you willing to give God a chance?
I am actually doing this on Sunday morning and setting it to publish like I did it on Thursday….yes, I’m very behind.
4. Study the following Scriptures. Explain what each says about how God’s Word is to relate to your everyday life. Are there any that speak to you personally?
a. Romans 10:17 – You can’t have faith without the word of God
b. 2 Timothy 3:16–17 – The Scriptures are necessary in order to learn and grow in God
c. 1 Peter 2:2 – Scripture will help you grow
d. Proverbs 4:4–5 – Learning Scripture will help you grow wise and understanding and it will help you to live
e. Deuteronomy 6:5–9 – You need to talk about the word of God and teach it to your children and keep it in you heart and mind all the time
5. After reading this chapter, has your opinion of the Bible changed? no If so, how? If not, why not? This was always the opinion I had…I just don’t have the discipline yet to live by this
6. Are you willing to give God a chance to show you that His Word can affect and even transform your life? Yes
a. Read Isaiah 55:8–11. This passage promises that God’s Word “will not return to [God] empty, but will accomplish what [He] desire[s] and achieve the purpose for which [He] sent it.” What could this mean in your life? – If I allow God to sow into me through His Word, I will be more able to accomplish for Him in this life
b. Read the following Scriptures and apply the promises to your circumstances.
(1) Jeremiah 29:11. Will you trust that God has a plan for your future? Yes If yes, write out steps you can take to walk confidently in that trust. If you cannot, explain why. – I need to discipline myself to study God’s Word and spend time with Him. I need to work on our (His and mine) relationship. I need to put Him as foremost in my life
(2) Romans 8:28. Will you believe that God can take the difficult circumstances in your life and work them for His and your good? Yes. Have you already seen evidence of the good? Yes. If not, what can you do to realize the promise of this verse?
(3) Deuteronomy 8:2–4 and 2 Corinthians 4:17. Describe what Scripture says about how God uses difficult times in our lives. God uses them to teach us and what we go through here is nothing compared to what we will have in Heaven. Have you experienced this or observed it in the life of another? Yes. I wish I could think of an example right now.